Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Which Camera?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kilbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Except for the Beaulieu, which would be a good choose for a camera for doing serious work.

    I would need something that would sync sound.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jean Poirier's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nizo (mixes well with my Beaulieu), Canon (for low light situations).

    Jean

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kilbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the quick reply!

    On the Nizo...any particular model number? I am unfamiliar with that brand (has been years since I played around in Super 8).

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tim.callaghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2001
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll second the Nizo choice.

    If you are considering doing any location sound without a serious blimp then the 4080 or 6080 is the best choice for value for money.

    I personally have the 4080 and a Nizo S56 for backup. The S56 sounds like a chainsaw, where as the 4080 is very quiet. I've used it for some close up stuff in a room and with the right mic (Sennheiser K6/ME66) didn't pick up a thing......nice!

    Tim

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are several Nizos that are popular. Many like the Professional, as well as any of the macro ones, such as th 801 macro. I have two 6080's and they're great with many features. But if I were to get one today I'd look for a 4080 since it's virtually the same as a 6080 only without the opening for a 200 ft. magazine which is not available anyway. They usually go for less than a 6080 by a wide margin. The black sound cameras in the Nizo line are the quietest S8 cameras ever made.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had, and sold many of the top Super 8 cameras, and ended up with a Nizo 6080, because it's a **** good camera, and is dead quiet, unlike every other S8 camera.

    These are cameras I've used that I can vouch for that are also great cameras (but all are noisy):

    Canon 1014XL-S
    Canon 814XL-S
    Bauer 715XL-S
    Nikon R-10
    Nizo 801 (Noisy, unlike the 6080)
    Nikon Super Zoom (actually, I have 4 of these. They're cheap, and they have good glass, but not a lot of features. Really small too. Great for sneaking in places, or using as a second camera)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •